Aged 14 - 17 Years Old
V5 Classroom Starter Kit
Note: if you're new to VEX Robotics, you should consider VEX EXP kit instead (Part Number 280-7735).
The V5 Classroom Starter Kit is a STEM robotics classroom and competition starter solution for grades 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 and beyond. The V5 is the next generation of robot control featuring a new robot brain with a 4.25" screen that is both touch screen and in color. In addition, the V5 kits includes updated powerful smart motors with built in encoders and interchangeable gear boxes, updated sensors and more options to take your STEM & coding program further. The classroom starter kit is made for classroom use and one kit works well in 2:1 student:robot ratio. The kit is scalable, which means you can add-on any components, additional motors, metal, aluminum and pneumatics to build on your program as students push their robot design further.
V5 kits are made of a combination of metal and plastic parts that are fastened with screws, nuts and bolts. There is no need for expensive tools to put together a VEX robot. They're intended to be used in any classroom, not necessarily a shop class. The V5 robot builds can be programmed or driven using the included handheld controller. The handheld controller makes VEX fun and engages students immediately.
- Over 200 Components, 25 motion components, including; 4 smart motors, robot brain, 2 bumper switch sensors, VEX Claw, Omni & regular 4" Wheels
- FREE Online Curriculum included
- FREE Build Instructions to help you get started with building your first VEX Clawbot.
- FREE VEXcode Coding software (Blocks and Text) WIN, MAC, Chromebooks (MSI for IT deployment also available).
- Ability to enter competitions at your school, school district, community or college, university and Skills USA and Canada events
Check the build instructions for the VEX Clawbot here: V5 Clawbot-Build Instructions
- For 2-3 students
- 276-7010 replaces 276-6500
- Kit Contains: 1 each of 276-7000 and 276-7001