Aged 14 - 17 Years Old
Compatible with VEX V5 products and accessories!
This product is an excellent platform to immerse your students into learning all about factory automation. They will get hands-on experience building their own assembly line and testing their builds with manual and autonomous control. This one purchase includes everything you need to get started. If your school already has VEX Robotics components, buy this kit and leverage what you own to extend your factory line. There is also a classroom competition that students can engage in with other students from other classrooms and schools. Help your students get prepared for advanced manufacturing jobs by introducing them to VEX V5 Workcell.
VEX Robotics has leveraged the 5th generation robotics platform, VEX V5, to the task of Automation Robotics. Using the wealth of robotics electronics, motors, sensors, mechanical and motion components, VEX developed the Workcell specifically for Career and Technical Education (CTE). Tied in with the successful VEXcode programming software, students can learn Factory Automation concepts in an approachable manner.
About VEX V5 Workcell:
- Includes a complete V5 Workcell Kit (See what's included)
- FREE Workcell STEM Labs curriculum with 12 lab activities, teacher portal, pacing guide and educator certification.
- VEXcode programming software
- One kit is designed for groups of 4 students
Intended for Grade 9 and up.
- (1) V5 Brain & Battery
- (12) V5 Smart Motors
- (18) V5 Sensors
- (1) V5 Electromagnet
- (36) Weighted Discs
- (3500) Construction components
This is what the WorkCell will look like once stored in the optional Storage (not included with this purchase):
More about the Factory Automation Competition (FAC):
The FAC program is a classroom-based competition that provides students with the skills needed for today's advanced technical workforce. This unique new robotics competition provides curriculum and educator resources while students develop technical and problem solving skills by designing and building a simulated manufacturing workcell with five axis robots.
How it Works
Classroom Teams are presented with various manufacturing challenges with the goal of having the best throughput, efficiency, and run time at different levels of competition.
- Students design, build, program, and implement the best simulated workcell for each challenge.
- Teams submit production run video that places them on the Global Advanced Manufacturing Competition Ranking list.
- Teams from across the world compete in their classroom to achieve the highest global rank among classmates and teams.
Email email@example.com for information about FAC.
Setting Up the V5 Workcell
Coding with the V5 Workcell
Call 1-877-730-4770 for additional information.
V5 Workcell Video: