- 12 month comprehensive warranty
- 40W Laser tube power
- 3x Enhanced top speed
- Upgraded Hardware For Improved Speed
- 19.5” by 11” (Glowforge Basic and Plus)
- 19.5” by ∞ (Glowforge Pro)
- Maximum material height: 2″ (50mm)
- Drag-and-drop with live camera preview
- Works with Mac, PC, iPhone, Android, and more
- JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and more
- Dual cameras: wide angle & macro
- Custom 40W (Basic) / 40W (Plus) / 45W (Pro) laser
- Precise to 1/1000th of an inch
- Full autofocus
- CO2 Laser — Custom CO2 glass laser tube capable of continuous operation at 10,600 nm; rated at 40 watts for Plus
- Fixed Alignment — Factory calibrated optical system does not require any alignment by the user
- Sealed Optics — Enclosed optical path with cleanable and replaceable windows protects the laser optics to avoid replacement or realignment
- Certified to UL standards
- Safety sensors alert in case of bumps or unplanned movement
- Safety sensors warn in case of overtemperature conditions
- Safety sensors notify when fan performance changes
- The Glowforge Plus is a Class 1 laser devices with no special training required
- Certified to UL/ANSI/IEC 60950-1-07 and CAN/CSA-C22.2 NO. 60950-1-07 (R16) by TUV Rhineland
Cuts & Engraves
- wood, fabric, leather, paper, cardboard, plexiglass (acrylic), Delrin (acetal), mylar, rubber, cork, sandpaper, foods, ...and more
- glass, marble, rubber stamps, stone, ceramic tile, anodized aluminum, titanium, corian, ...and more
Additional Tech Specs: Click Here
Do I need additional software to print on a Glowforge?
You can use your Glowforge from a Mac, PC, tablet, and smartphone, using our simple, powerful, and free web interface. To prepare your project, you can choose to use any software that saves a PDF (Adobe Illustrator, Inkscape, CorelDraw, Adobe Photoshop, GIMP, Autodesk 360, and Sketchup and more). Glowforge can print JPG, PNG, SVG, PDF, and other file formats. To print a file, just drag-and-drop it directly on our app, and then adjust the preview to your liking.
Do I have to pay for the Glowforge service?
Your Glowforge is yours to use, free of charge! The Glowforge cloud service gives you unlimited monthly prints, including all the features you see in our video. And don’t worry, there’s no paid subscription required.
How quickly can I begin printing once my Glowforge arrives?
Most Glowforge customers tell us it takes them less than 30 minutes to get their printer out of the box, plug it in, set it up, and finish their first print!
How precise is the Glowforge laser?
Glowforge uses a beam of light the width of a human hair to cut and engrave with incredible accuracy within a thousandth of an inch. Further, your Glowforge can engrave images in stunning high-resolution - comparable to what you see on your phone or computer screen now. You can learn more, here
What materials can Glowforge cut or engrave?
Glowforge opens up a world of materials. While traditional 3D printers are confined to layers of plastic, Glowforge is completely different. Delve into hundreds of beautiful materials like leather, acrylic, hardwood, fabric - even chocolate!
Glowforge can cut wood, fabric, leather, paper, Plexiglas (acrylic), Delrin (acetal), mylar, rubber, Corian, foods, and more. Glowforge can also engrave all of the above plus glass, coated metal, marble, anodized aluminum, titanium, some phones, tablets, and laptops, and more laser safe materials.
What size materials can I use?
No matter which Glowforge you choose, you’ll be able to use materials measuring 12 x 20.4”. The Glowforge Pro has a Passthrough slot which accommodates material up to 20.4” wide, 1/4" thick, and as long as you want. Want to work with a thicker material? Simply remove the stainless steel crumb tray in the bottom of your Glowforge and print with materials up to 2” thick.
How much space will a Glowforge take up?
The Glowforge has a compact 3’ x 2’ footprint and fits well in any craft space, workshop, or family area.
Which Glowforge is best for me?
Whichever Glowforge model you choose, you can be sure your Glowforge will be easy to set up and use, and will allow you to work with hundreds of materials. It comes will free printing software, everything you need to get started, and a free supply of premium materials to get you started. But there are some differences between models. Not sure which model is right for you?
The Glowforge Plus is a great solution for people who want to print frequently and quickly.
The Glowforge Pro is our most powerful and capable model, ideal for a small business, or when more than one person will be using it.
Here are a few more details to help you decide:
Speed (Pro is fastest): The Glowforge Pro top engraving speed is 3x as fast as the Glowforge Basic, and cutting is 1.2x as fast. The Glowforge Plus top engraving speed is 2x as fast as the Glowforge Basic.
Warranty: The Glowforge Plus and Pro offer a warranty of a full 12 months warranty.
Material Size (Pro has Passthrough): All Glowforge printers can accommodate materials measuring up to 18” deep, 20.4” wide, and 2” tall. The maximum printable area is about 11 x 19.5”. The Glowforge Pro allows you to make enormous oversized prints. The Pro Passthrough slot in the front and back allows for materials that are 20” wide, up to ¼” thick, and as long as you want. That means you can create huge, dramatic products like furniture. To use the passthrough, you print the first 10 inches (25.4 cm), then slide the material through the slot, and repeat.
Laser Class: The Plus model is a Class 1 laser (like a DVD player). The Passthrough slot makes the Pro model a Class 4 laser which requires the person using it to have laser safety training. You should not use the Pro in public or around kids without installing Pro Shields, which are included with your purchase.
Temperatures (Pro prints up to 81°F (27°C)): The Pro is designed for printing all day in temperatures up to 81°F (27°C). The Basic and Plus will pause periodically to cool if used continually in warm temperatures; they’re designed for environments up to 75°F (24°C).
Technology: The Glowforge Plus has an upgraded linear system to support faster motor speeds and upgraded optics for maximum cutting capability. The Glowforge Pro has all that and adds a solid state cooling unit and an upgraded 45 watt laser for the fastest possible prints.